Cybersecurity Consultant / Information Security Engineer
- Location: DC Metro Area orHerndon, VA (ONSITE)
- # of Positions: 2
- Eligibility: Open
- Client Name / Domain: Financial (Banking)
- Bill Rate: $?? per hour
- Employment Mode: Contract / Corp-to-Corp
- Contract Duration: 12-24+ mos. Contract
- Experience: 8+ years
- Skills: CISSP, CSSLP, ISSAP
Client is looking a Cyber Security Engineer well versed in Architecture Security. This position reports directly to the Lead Architect and Engg. Lead.
- Configures, maintains, administers and deploys a wide range of cyber security technologies such as Intrusion Prevention Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, vulnerability scanners, network mapping tools and the related servers, databases and circuits.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance to both internal and external teams:
- In the architecture, design, deployment, management, configuration and use of Cyber Security Technology in response
- Identify security vulnerabilities form source code reviews and application & Infrastructure testing.
- Configuration and deployment of applications in complex environments.
- Communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means.
- Deploy and operate application security capabilities, solutions and requirements consistently across the region.
- Identify and document application level vulnerabilities
- Recommended mitigation strategies
- Identify and document threats using STRIDE
- Be able to communicate across the entire enterprise
- Patch management experience
- Penetration testing experience
- 3rd party risk management experience
- Certifications: CISSP
- Working knowledge of NIST, Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) and Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of three years IT experience--with three or more years in a technology administration role
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Continuous learning mindset to stay updated with the rapidly evolving cyber threat landscape
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your updated resume to email@example.com
Duration of employment
12 - 18 mos
BFSI / Gov
Herndon, VA / DC Metro Area / Contractor
September 8, 2023