Facilities Engineer - Upstream / Midstream Oil and Gas
- Location: Houston, TX (Hybrid)
- # of Positions: 2
- Eligibility: Open
- Client Name / Domain: O&G
- Bill Rate: $?? per hour
- Employment Mode: Contract / Corp-to-Corp
- Contract Duration: 12+ mos. Contract
- Experience: 8+ years
- Skills: MS Office, AVEVA PIPEPHASE
Client is looking for an experienced Facilities Engineer with expert knowledge in design, construction, and operations of Upstream & Midstream Oil & Gas Surface facilities.
- Provide engineering support for field operations, including support during project construction and start up.
- Help manage facilities, including planning, cost estimating, scheduling, and collaborating with construction resources.
- Design and selection of all equipment.
- Analyze problems at existing facilities and generate solutions.
- Function as company representative for construction activities with internal and external customers.
- Provide input to business plan, including project recommendations, cost estimates and economic justification.
- Perform other engineering duties as required relating to facilities.
- Completion of all technical scopes of work, specifications, drawings, and data sheets necessary for the engineering and construction bid packages.
- Reviews the completion of the commercial elements of the various bid packages being prepared by the Business Development and Commercial Team, including Commercial T & C, bid forms, commercial input to the Bid Evaluation Plan, etc.
- Lead for project execution planning.
- Seek out and apply best practices from other projects.
- Capture and share best practices and lessons learned from project planning and execution.
- Apply Agile & Minimal Function Objective (MFO) Project Management and Capital
- Stewardship principles to ensure decision quality and superior project execution.
- Participate in Value Engineering workshops and Process Simplification, Process Optimization and Design to Capacity, Hookup & Commissioning Planning during FEED
- Review designs and provide input to the Facilities Engineering Team to ensure Hookup,
- Commissioning and Start Up activities are optimized.
- Develop Project Completions Strategy, Execution Plan etc. consistent with selected concept and contract strategy to minimize work and project duration from yard completions to start up.
- Knowledge of design, construction, and operation of upstream and midstream oil & gas surface facilities, including liquid and gas pipelines, equipment, pumps, compressors, electrical, etc.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations, including The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) for Gas and Liquid Transmission Pipelines (192 and 195, respectively).
- Demonstrated strong project management skills with the ability to lead and work collaboratively with cross functional team members to safely execute on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management and ability to prioritize and progress multiple work activities.
- Proficiency with MS Office products.
- Experience with steady state hydraulic modeling (ie AVEVA PIPEPHASE) and Technical ToolBoxes is desirable.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration of employment
Oil and Gas
Houston, TX (Hybrid / Work-from-Home)
August 17, 2023