- Location: NYC, NY
- # of Positions: 2
- Eligibility: Open
- Client Name / Domain: BFSI
- Bill Rate: $?? per hour
- Employment Mode: Contract / Corp-to-Corp
- Contract Duration: 12+ mos. Contract
- Experience: 8 years
- Skills: Snowflake, Snowflake Cloud Datawarehouse, SnowSQL, SNOWPIPE, AWS S3, Python, Kafka, SQL, Redshift, AWS EC2
Client is looking for an experienced Sr. Snowflake Data Engineer, with subject matter expertise in Snowflake Cloud Data Warehousing.
- Actively work with Snowflake support for raising support tickets and triaging outages.
- Implement/support automation for production deployment in Snowflake
- Develop, build & maintain mission critical centralized data platform using Snowflake.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot Snowflake database errors
- Implement Snowflake user /query log analysis and alerts.
- Should work with heterogeneous user groups from data engineers to data scientists.
- Implement data encryption/decryption/masking policies to protect PII/PCI data.
- Demonstrated proficiency of index design, query plan optimization and analysis required.
- User security auditing Create Snowflake utilization and capacity plan
- Tune the database to improve Snowflake queries.
- Provide technical leadership, fosters a team environment, and provides mentorship and feedback to technical resources.
- Train users and answer question.
- On call responsibilities on rotational basis for Snowflake database administration.
- Should be able to review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Experience with Snowflake and Oracle. Ability to migrate from on premise databases to cloudbased Snowflake.
- User management, Security management, performance management, High availability management, space management, and backup management of databases.
- Experience with database tools, such as: SSMS, Toad, and ER/Studio Data Modeler.
- Build and maintain secure, compliant data processing pipelines, tables, views, procedures and datasets
- Integrate, transform, and consolidate data from various structured and unstructured data systems into structures that are suitable for building analytics solutions and/or performing analysis
- Use database management tools and other Azure services for availability and performance monitoring.
- Automate database administration tasks using SQL and shell scripts.
- Work with engineers in support of SSO authentication requirements
- Managing sets of XML, JSON, and CSV from disparate sources
- Knowledge of SQL based databases like Oracle SQL Server, etc.
- Understanding of Snowflake warehousing, architecture, processing, administration ¿ Data ingestion into Snowflake.
- Enterprise level technical exposure to Snowflake applications
- Interprets, identifies, and solves unique and meaningful problems
- Leads technical contribution to requirements / story development conversations
- Communicates complex findings in a structured and clear manner to a non-technical audience (written and verbal) including communication to leadership
- Follows best practices and standards, identifies gaps and suggests changes
- Responsible for understanding environmental constraints and planning to mitigate
- Works respectfully with all team members, both OneAmerica colleagues and vendor partner team members
- Must have over 8 -10 years of hands-on experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in working with Snowflake Cloud Data warehouse and
- Must have subject matter expertise in AWS S3.
- Experience in working with AWS S3 and Snowflake cloud data warehouse.
- Good exposure in Snowflake Cloud Architecture and SnowSQL and SNOWPIPE for continuous data ingestion.
- Hands-on experience in bulk loading and unloading data into Snowflake Tables.
- Hands on exp loading to snowflake.
- Knowledge on
- AWS EC2, lambda
- Datawarehouse exp
- SQL quries
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your updated resume to email@example.com
Duration of employment
12 - 18 mos
NYC, NY (REMOTE)
Remote work possible
August 25, 2023